1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Lock Screen App Question?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by NativeTxn, Dec 21, 2011.

1. NativeTxn

NativeTxn Well-Known Member

I have the Samsung SR and I used No Lock on my Inspire, but I didn't like the fact that when it was off, it went straight into the home screen, as I found that there were times when random things would be done because there was no screen to slide away to gain access.

So, I was wondering if there is an app similar to No Lock, where I can turn the passcode on/off with the click of a button on one of the home screens, but when it is off, it keeps the lock screen in place that you still have to slide when you want to get into the phone (but you just don't have to enter a passcode unless you have turned the app on).

Thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy

That's a really tough situation...

Widgetlocker will allow you to use buttons to unlock your screen. But you would then also need Widgetsoid (any of the versions found here). There is a lockscreen enable/disable toggle widget and you can enable the security as well with a push of a widget.

I'd recommend you try Widgetsoid first, see if that does what you want. If you want a button to unlock the screen (I can use my camera button to unlock my device, for example), then purchase Widgetlocker.