1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General lock screen bug

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Angelsfan, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Angelsfan

Angelsfan Member
    None

Sep 22, 2010
    Anaheim, Ca
    So I set up a PIN to my lockscreen originally. Went to settings to turn off and the option is no longer there. As a matter of fact, no options at all for lock screen. I'm starting to get really annoyed by all these issues. Thank god I haven't had the locking up and screen not coming on one (yet).

Advertisement

2. badankles

badankles Android Expert
    None

Jul 19, 2010
    USA
    doesn't make sense. if you have setup a pin, then when the screen goes to sleep, you should have to enter pin. if that's not happening then the pin is not setup.

3. Angelsfan

Angelsfan Member
    None

Sep 22, 2010
    Anaheim, Ca
    Just the lockscreen option in the menu is gone. I still have to enter the pin when tab comes out of standby. I called Samsung about this and they said this was the first time hearing about this particular issue. Told me to wait a few days for Touch update. Stating it might fix it. I would attach a screen shot on here but this site will not let me attach a pic from my phone or tab (lame).

4. Angelsfan

Angelsfan Member
    None

Sep 22, 2010
    Anaheim, Ca
    ok. decided to turn my computer on so i can attach the screen shot i took of the setting screen. if you have a tab to compare, you'll notice the "lock screen" options to be completely gone from mine. now i have a PIN locked lock screen that i can't change the PIN for or remove.

Attached Files:

5. badankles

badankles Android Expert
    None

Jul 19, 2010
    USA
    i've not configured a lock screen, but is using the Owner info (they both are options under the Lock screen). I have them both on mine currently (have had it for 3 weeks.)

maybe it's the same "feature" that is zapping my downloaded .jpg files from the tab.

6. Angelsfan

Angelsfan Member
    None

Sep 22, 2010
    Anaheim, Ca
    So I decided to update with touch wiz. Guess what? My lock screen option is still missing. wtf. Oh well. I just hope the bugs are gone.

7. andromede77

andromede77 Lurker
    None

Aug 7, 2011
    just got my tab yesterday and am trying to setup a pin to lock the screen, but each time i try to set the lock screen on, the screen toggles back to the previous upper menu. Anyone gets the same pb? Thanks

8. Cpt Streamline

None

Aug 3, 2011

Ive got exactly the same problem. Anyone got any solutions?

9. Cpt Streamline

None

Aug 3, 2011
    Ok i figured this; i was being a complete idiot. You click the list of options, no lock, unsecured, pin etc, to select what you want to do. I was thinking that each one would lead to another set of options. So i just clicked unsecured to get the original lock screen back.

10. Angelsfan

Angelsfan Member
    None

Sep 22, 2010
    Anaheim, Ca
    Yeah but I don't even have the option to do that anymore. Every option for the lock screen is gone. It's not a big deal so I'm living with it for now. I really don't feel like doing a system reset as suggested by the Samsung tech.

11. leddra2k

leddra2k Lurker
    None

Nov 8, 2010
    Right this is really annoying now! Surely there is a fix for this? I cant encrypt my tab until I set a PIN! Well there is no set PIN option under Location and Security!! Grrrrr