• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Lock Screen Image Inquiry?

Phalon4

Android Enthusiast
Apr 18, 2016
Hello fellow Androdians, I was looking for information on how to change the lock screen image on Android devices. I've asked this question before but I end up being navigated to changes in Wallpaper images which is not the same as changing lock screen images. So is there a method , app or program available to navigate this task other than rooting and changing the device ROM to change the lock screen?

Last edited:
Hi

Well on my Note4 with 6.0.1

settings
display&wallpaper
wallpaper
lock screen

set it there.

Like many things android, where the setting is depends on android version and make/model of device, but I have always been able to change a lock screen background from settings on every device - no need for root, roms etc.

If you are talking about the background while the phone is booting up, that's a different matter and would require rooting.

Reactions: Phalon4
Upvote 0
Hi

Well on my Note4 with 6.0.1

settings
display&wallpaper
wallpaper
lock screen

set it there.

Like many things android, where the setting is depends on android version and make/model of device, but I have always been able to change a lock screen background from settings on every device - no need for root, roms etc.

If you are talking about the background while the phone is booting up, that's a different matter and would require rooting.

Thanks I just figured it out on an ALCATEL ONE TOUCH FIERCE XL 5.1.1. One just has to long press the home screen and look to the bottom left in the lock screen image Settings. There one can find where it says pick image and there it will open up your saved images on your device.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones