• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Lock Screen - Incredible/sense/2.1

chral513

Feb 23, 2010
NY
Let me start off with saying I love Sense. I would be getting the incredible if it didn't have it.

That said - I hate the lock screen. I don't know why, but that curved bar - swiping down..... i just don't like it.

The standard android lock screen, IMO, is 100x times better( nexus and droid).

Does anyone know if there's a quick way to turn off the sense lock screen, but keep sense active? I know there's ways w/ rooting. But I don't plan on rooting.... after flashing winmo phones forever, I know better. Fixes one thing, but usually something else ends up not working.

So basically - looking for a way to disable sense lock screen w/o rooting.

:)

Please help.... anyone.
lol

I believe the only way to get that lock screen to to flash a different ROM. Otherwise your stuck with the stock lock or using a 3rd party app.

i think you're right. looks like a lock app for me.

One of the great things about this phone - is that I don't see much reason to flash it. It has everything I need stock, and I would like to avoid flashing if possible.

I guess it's not the end of the world. lol

thanks guys.

Upvote 0
there is an app called lockbot.. Has 4 different lock screens (one of them is the one you want)and you can use that. I have the eris and it works on it.

I saw that - how's it work for you? Do you ever have any freezing or problems - like notifications or alarm getting through it? I've read some people have some issues with it. That's most likely the route i'm gonna go.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones