1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Lock Screen Notification Light

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Erock89, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Erock89

Erock89 Lurker

I went from my 4 year old Galaxy S6 to the new Galaxy S10e. One feature I loved on the S6 was the lock screen notification light. I was able to have my phone on lock or asleep on my desk yet still see that I received a notification due to the blinking light. I noticed the S10e doesn’t have this feature. I’ve checked everyone on the phone and still can’t find anything. I like the edge lighting a lot but I wish there was a way to keep the light on until I check the phone. Has anyone had any luck with finding a way to get this on the S10e? I’m curious if they have plans to allow the edge lighting to stay on until the notification is checked. I was also thinking about the front camera and how it has the ability to light the outside of the camera circle up while scanning your face. Maybe theres a way to turn that into a notification light. Let me know what you all think. Thanks!

***UPDATE***

Well it looks like I wrote this a little too soon! haha I was looing around on YouTube and found people using an app called "Always on Edge" I guess this allows you to set up notification lights like I was questioning above. If you happen to know of another way to do this please let me know! thanks

#1 Erock89, Mar 27, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
  2. PitCarver

PitCarver Android Expert

Experimented with AOE as well as LED Blinker pro and had issues with each.
    I can say that the developer of AOE seems to update the app daily, I'm guessing it has to do with the folks like you that are finding their way around the S10 and finding issues. He is very responsive to email contact.

I'm currently using NoLED, which has been orphaned for several years, but does the job for me.

Samsung Galaxy S10e Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S10e release date was March 2019. Features and Specs include a 5.8" inch screen, 16MP camera, 6/8GB RAM, Exynos 9820 processor, and 3100mAh battery.

March 2019
Release Date
Reviews