1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Lock Screen Notifications Selection Greyed Out

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Drew Webber, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Drew Webber

Drew Webber Lurker
    None

Mar 16, 2016
    Male
    Hi,

So I have checked around a lot for this issue and not been able to find it as of yet so I apologize if this is a reposted issue. So I have a Sony Xperia Z3v with Verizon and just the other day, my phone updated to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. Whenever it booted back up, it asked me to make a selection for the lock screen notifications and I selected the "hide sensitive information" option or something close, but definitely not the "no notifications" one. I have not been getting any notifications on my lock screen however. I have to unlock my phone every once in awhile to check if I have any new messages or whatever. If I got to "Settings" -> "Sound & Notifications", at the bottom of the list, there is a box for "When device is locked" and below it, it has a selection of "Don't show notifications at all" and this whole box is greyed out for some reason so I cannot change the selection. The "Keep notifications on lock screen" selection two down from this is also greyed out but that is less important as I'm not even getting notifications to begin with. How do I fix this and get it changed to where I can make the selection.

Thanks,

Drew

Advertisement

2. Drew Webber

Drew Webber Lurker
    None

Mar 16, 2016
    Male
    Nevermind, I discovered the issue was that my work exchange email was acting as a device administrator and blocking me from changing those settings