• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lock screen notifications

Billybronco

Mar 28, 2019
I have a Galaxy S9 and I have looked everywhere to find out how to get notifications when my phone is locked. For example I have a ring doorbell and if the phone is locked I get a sound notification but I can't see who is there. If my phone is unlocked I can open the app and see who was there it used to work when the phone was locked.

I have a Galaxy S9 and I have looked everywhere to find out how to get notifications when my phone is locked. For example I have a ring doorbell and if the phone is locked I get a sound notification but I can't see who is there. If my phone is unlocked I can open the app and see who was there it used to work when the phone was locked.
if the ring app used to work on a locked screen before, then it might have been an update that caused it to not work. you may have to contact the developer and see if there is a work around or not. or you may have to wait for a further update that will hopefully fix it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones