1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Lock Screen Notifications

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jcwillia1, Jan 9, 2014.

1. jcwillia1

jcwillia1 Newbie
    None

Jan 2, 2014
    I am a recent iOS convert so please have patience with me.

One of my favorite iOS features was the ability to have notifications (mostly Twitter) just queue up a list even when the phone wasn't turned on. I love sitting at my desk at work while still keeping tabs on what's going on at the world.

I've tried to replicate this functionality with two different Android apps and I can't seem to figure it out.

My central problem seems to be my inability to edit my lock screen and I don't know why. I've tried everything the app says and I've even gone to Samsung's (worthless) help page and my device does not appear to conform to how their instructions are written.

I was able to update to Android 4.3 last night (which went remarkably smoothly given all the complaints I read) but I still can't seem to get the lock screen to show the notifications (except for scrolling in the very top "system" bar of the device)

Can someone give me some tips?

Advertisement

2. BigRedGonzo

BigRedGonzo Android Expert
    None

Jan 12, 2010
    Male
    Process Engineer
    Winston-Salem, NC
    I have an S4, so I can't tell you exactly how to get there, but there is a setting in there somewhere that Allows Lockscreen Widgets. After setting that to On, you can then swipe the clock on the lockscreen to the right and then back and there will then be an edit Icon available to add widgets. You also have 3 lockscreens to places stuff on.

Hope this helps.

3. jcwillia1

jcwillia1 Newbie
    None

Jan 2, 2014
    the lock screen widgets is greyed out.

this isn't a tmo thing is it?

4. BigRedGonzo

BigRedGonzo Android Expert
    None

Jan 12, 2010
    Male
    Process Engineer
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Sorry, that I can't answer. I have a Verizon branded Note 2 and it works on it.

5. jcwillia1

jcwillia1 Newbie
    None

Jan 2, 2014
    I got it - I had it set to easy mode for homescreen - you have to get out of that and get into normal mode and then the greyed out Lock Screen Widgets issue goes away.

6. jcwillia1

jcwillia1 Newbie
    None

Jan 2, 2014
    just to follow back up on this, I have had zero luck finding an app that will display the text of twitter notifications in my lock screen.

I have a pin forced on my device (corporate email) so I can't seem to access normal lock screen functionality and Locker Pro doesn't show the text of notifications only that you have them (which is worthless)