• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Lock screen notifications

Apparently notifications go straight to the lock screen sans app? I've been wanting to install an alternate text app, but I can't because no matter what I seem to do I still get notifications for the stock message app on the lock screen. Freezing the app doesn't help, removing it just gets me a force close.

Any suggestions?

Apparently notifications go straight to the lock screen sans app? I've been wanting to install an alternate text app, but I can't because no matter what I seem to do I still get notifications for the stock message app on the lock screen. Freezing the app doesn't help, removing it just gets me a force close.

Any suggestions?

If you haven't figured it out by now, go to settings, display and turn off lock screen notifications.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones