• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lock screen overlapped

soleron

Lurker
Dec 1, 2014
qSdgvl.jpg

Hi guys, would like to seek help with my profile.

When I reach my house, the wifi turns on and the lock screen deactivates, however i will encounter this situation when wake the phone, it appears that the lock screen and the screen unlock mode overlaps and Nothing respond till I press the wake button twice before the screen shows the mode without pin required.

Appreciate your kind assistance!

Hi @soleron, and welcome to AF :)

Could you share some more details about the Profile you're having trouble with? Knowing the exact Actions you're using will be helpful for us to help you. ;)

Hi, here are the profile for your reference, not sure if what steps I'm missing, thanks alot!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-12-02-07-54-48.png
    Screenshot_2014-12-02-07-54-48.png
    89.5 KB · Views: 42
  • Screenshot_2014-12-02-07-54-23.png
    Screenshot_2014-12-02-07-54-23.png
    81.9 KB · Views: 54
  • Screenshot_2014-12-02-07-54-15.png
    Screenshot_2014-12-02-07-54-15.png
    87.8 KB · Views: 59
  • Screenshot_2014-12-02-07-59-21.png
    Screenshot_2014-12-02-07-59-21.png
    82.6 KB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot_2014-12-02-07-59-27.png
    Screenshot_2014-12-02-07-59-27.png
    115.9 KB · Views: 63
Reactions: codesplice
Upvote 0
First, I would use "matches" (~) instead of "equals" (eq) to check the value of your variable (1st screenshot). "Equals" is more for numbers.

The last screenshot is not helpful enough, we need to know the whole content of your IF statement and also when this task is triggered.

Since Codesplice doesn't seem to use Secure Settings, that part looks fine to me. 'Clear Password' also clears PINs.

Perhaps your overlap is happening because of the 2 min delay you've set up in that last task? Not sure, though...

I hope that helps a bit. If needed I'll step up my game and do some proper debugging (once we know more about that IF statement and what triggers the last task).

Upvote 0
First, I would use "matches" (~) instead of "equals" (eq) to check the value of your variable (1st screenshot). "Equals" is more for numbers.

The last screenshot is not helpful enough, we need to know the whole content of your IF statement and also when this task is triggered.

Since Codesplice doesn't seem to use Secure Settings, that part looks fine to me. 'Clear Password' also clears PINs.

Perhaps your overlap is happening because of the 2 min delay you've set up in that last task? Not sure, though...

I hope that helps a bit. If needed I'll step up my game and do some proper debugging (once we know more about that IF statement and what triggers the last task).

Hi Warriuszero,

Thanks for your kind assistance, actually this is an import from tasker wiki as I'm not so good with variables, nonetheless before that, I am using my own profile and the issue actually persists, please refer to my profile as attached.

So the scenario is when I reach home (wifi 8487), tasker will auto disable my screenlock, but let's say if I am not using my phone (screen on) and as it disables the screenlock, when I wake my phone the screen will appear to be overlapped with the screen with pin and the other screen without pin, and nothing responds till I press the on/off button before the screen reflects with the unlock version of the screen.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-12-02-16-59-55.png
    Screenshot_2014-12-02-16-59-55.png
    82.7 KB · Views: 58
  • Screenshot_2014-12-02-16-59-47.png
    Screenshot_2014-12-02-16-59-47.png
    88.5 KB · Views: 48
  • Screenshot_2014-12-02-16-59-41.png
    Screenshot_2014-12-02-16-59-41.png
    131.6 KB · Views: 52
  • Screenshot_2014-12-02-16-59-34.png
    Screenshot_2014-12-02-16-59-34.png
    131.1 KB · Views: 81
Upvote 0
Is there a particular reason you have one profile for "Wifi Connected" and another for "NOT Wifi Connected"?

I used to have a similar profile for locking/unlocking based on either being connected to a trusted Wifi network or a trusted Bluetooth device (like my Pebble), and I found that it worked a bit more reliably if I used a single "Wifi" profile which included the "Lock" task as an Exit Task.

Also, I don't have my phone in front of me, but on your "Clear Password" action - do you have it set to require the PIN/password to be entered before disabling the lock? I believe that's an option within the Secure Settings "Clear Password" action.

Upvote 0
hi codespice, I was new to tasked when I set these commands, nonetheless I have already did what u told me to do, keep both unlock and lock task within a single profile.

I also check the box to require entering the password before disabling the lock - this works actually as it sort of require me to enter the password and once I lock and wake the phone the screen become unlock.

I was thinking if is possible without checking that box, enables the lock screen to auto change to unlock mode screen when the phone detects my wifi without the overlapping error occurring?

Upvote 0
I haven't been able to reproduce your issue yet, even though I'm using 2 profiles like you did.
Clear Password doesn't seem to work on Lollipop on a Nexus 5, while I've just noticed it seems to work on my Nexus 4 (still Lollipop), so I'll try again on the 4...

I will come back when I have more info.

EDIT: no, it doesn't seem to work either...

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones