• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lock screen replacement ??

I just spent a bit of time playing around with LockBot and Executive Assistant. The free version of LockBot switches randomly between the 4 styles, which is pretty darn annoying. Looks like it has to be paid for to get it to stick to a style and to let you choose the background image.

You don't need to buy the pro version to get Lockbot to stick with one style. Here's how you do it with the free version:

1. Click on My Themes (This is where you can change the backgrounds for each style too)
2. Click the menu button
3. Click Playlist
4. Check/uncheck the box of the styles that you want to use

Reactions: flu13
Upvote 0
You don't need to buy the pro version to get Lockbot to stick with one style. Here's how you do it with the free version:

1. Click on My Themes (This is where you can change the backgrounds for each style too)
2. Click the menu button
3. Click Playlist
4. Check/uncheck the box of the styles that you want to use

Good to know. But you still can't change the background without the pro version, right? When I clicked on one, it told me that I couldn't download with the free version.

Upvote 0
Good to know. But you still can't change the background without the pro version, right? When I clicked on one, it told me that I couldn't download with the free version.

I use the free version, which does allow you to change the background. After you click on My Themes, touch the theme that you want to change and it will give you the option to edit. After you choose edit, wait a second, and a preview of that theme will appear. You then click on the menu button, and select Background.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones