1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Lock Screen Shortcut to Camera & Sreenshots for Thunderbolt?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dreadbayne, Jan 6, 2012.

1. dreadbayne

dreadbayne Lurker
    None

Aug 29, 2011
    I recently got my wife an HTC Thunderbolt, and was curious if anyone knew of an app that gave you the same functionality as the new iOS 5 camera lock shortcut feature and/or the screenshot feature. I've been looking around in the app store but haven't found what i'm looking for.

I'll keep searching the interwebz and see if I can find anything else myself.

Advertisement

2. fdnj48

fdnj48 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 13, 2010
    Male
    Central Jersey
    If im not mistaken you have to be rooted to take screenshots on the Thunderbolt. It was built into the ROM I used on my Bolt

3. tbzj7

tbzj7 Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 21, 2011
    I've seen the magic locker app, along with the sense 3.0 theme look app in the market, suppose to work with non rooted, there's a video on YouTube, I was curious of how well this worked or not. And far as I know too you have to be rooted to take a screen shot

4. Turdbogls

Turdbogls Android Expert
    None

Jul 22, 2010
    Designer/Drafter
    O-town Florida
    there are a couple lock screen replacements out there that will give you an option for camera. go locker is a free one. i personally use widgetlocker ($3 i think) and it is great.

as for the screen shot, i believe you have to be rooted. you can always do it over ADB but it is not a simple/quick thing to do.

5. jackdubl

jackdubl Android Expert
    None

May 18, 2010
    Topeka, KS
    Widgetlocker

6. RJSH_1727

RJSH_1727 Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 18, 2010
    No Root Screenshot is the app I use for my Thunderbolt. Ever since I came across Magic Locker a month ago, I've been using it ever since! There's the Samsung Puzzle lockscreen theme, the Sense theme... So many to choose from! Widget Locker is good, but i prefer this app better. Plus it's Free! :)

7. FirePsych

FirePsych Lurker
    None

Dec 25, 2011
    defintely not reading cycling, Android and BB foru
    Roswell, GA
    I use Go Locker w/ the ICS Theme just for that reason. I wanted quick access to the camera. I think you need Go Laucher EX though for Go Locker. Locker and Launcher are free.
    BTW, I think Go Launcher EX is great. Much more custumizable than Sense and I think it transitions just a bit faster. Once you have Go Launcher EX on your phone, there's a bunch of "GO" stuff you can add. As far as batter life, very informal tests did not show any significant change.

I have a friend with a Bionic and he loves Widget Locker. Widget Locker ($3) is more customizable than Go Locker (free). He's also transitioned over to Go Launcher.

8. CyberPitz

CyberPitz Android Enthusiast
    None

May 17, 2010
    Joplin, MO
    I used WidgetLocker for a while, but it had it's issues for me. Sometimes the stock lock screen would come up for a second or two, then the WidgetLocker one would show up. The idea of it is solid, some some small inconveniences to me made me move to Magic Locker, which I love to bits.

9. Mayhem

Mayhem Android Expert
    None

Sep 23, 2010
    Male
    Senior Engineer - Software Quality Assurance
    Austin, Texas area
    You can also assign the shortcuts on the lock screen in BAMF Forever 1.10. :D