• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Lock screen shows alarm that doesn't exist

marty085

Lurker
Mar 30, 2017
Hi guys, long time iPhone user here who's bought a Moto G3 and been using it for the last week. Been pleasantly surprised but this issue is annoying the heck out of me.

My lock screen (which is stock) shows an alarm. It's been there the last 3 days straight and it always shows for the next day at midnight. Eg today is Friday and it currently shows an alarm for 12.00am Saturday. It also shows the alarm icon in the top right corner.

I've been into the stock Clock app and there are no alarms set at all. I did import my icloud calendar into my Google calendar using google's migrate app and i do have a calendar event on tomorrow but when i go into the event (on both the phone and desktop) it doesn't say anything about there being a notification for it.

I've also rebooted a couple of times. It disappears for a while but comes back.

I'm totally perplexed, particularly coz I'm pretty tech savvy and like solving problems. Hopefully it's not something obvious haha. I was thinking of getting my wife an android too but this sort of issue would bug her no end.

Thanks for any advice
Marty

Screenshot_20170331-122934.png
Screenshot_20170331-122919.png

Your screenshot of the clock app is on the clock tab. Did you check the alarms tab at the top? I'm assuming yes, but figured I'd ask in case it's that simple.

Ah yes sorry about that! That was me being silly. Yep had checked the alarms tab and sure enough it shows none.
I also tested something where i added a new alarm under the alarms tab, for this arvo at a random time. Sure enough that new alarm showed on the lock screen and replaced the 12am one. But when i deleted that random one, the 12am alarm returned. 

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170331-125939.png
    Screenshot_20170331-125939.png
    41.4 KB · Views: 212
Reactions: Brian706
Upvote 0
Do you have an app that uses the clock for some reason?

I ask because I have an app for an hourly chime, and in order for it to work properly, it needs to 'show ongoing notification' and the clock icon appears.

Thanks so much! I went through my apps slowly and had a think about each one and got down to 'TimeTune' and couldn't even remember what it was!! Uninstalled it and the alarm is now gone hooray!!! Now it's uninstalled and i googled the app, i remember i started to use it a few days ago to create daily routines! Now i know what it is i can reinstall and see if i can disable the notification on the lock screen.
Thanks so much for all your help. I'm used to apps not being able to change system settings haha.
Cheers!

Marty

Upvote 0
Thanks so much! I went through my apps slowly and had a think about each one and got down to 'TimeTune' and couldn't even remember what it was!! Uninstalled it and the alarm is now gone hooray!!! Now it's uninstalled and i googled the app, i remember i started to use it a few days ago to create daily routines! Now i know what it is i can reinstall and see if i can disable the notification on the lock screen.
Thanks so much for all your help. I'm used to apps not being able to change system settings haha.
Cheers!

Marty
Cool! Glad you found it :) It can be annoying, but I'm used to it myself now so....Cheers!

Reactions: Brian706
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones