1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Lock screen up arrow and widget placement?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Murf1, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Murf1

Murf1 Android Enthusiast

I'm not sure how I get it to show, but sometimes I will get a "^" symbol at the bottom of the lock screen that lets me add widgets.

I added a weather widget, but it won't let you position it. I'd like it to be under the default clock, but it forces you to put it on another "page". And then how do you even see it? When you swipe it unlocks the phone - does not go to another page. (Why you would want multiple pages on a lock screen is beyond me.)

So any explanation on how the lock screen and widgets and there placement is suppose to work would be appreciated.

thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. chucksaysblah

chucksaysblah Android Enthusiast

it is kind of hard to explain how to do it. You swipe from the edge of the screen slowly to bring up the lockscreen edit mode. You can then scroll over and delete the lockcreen clock altogether you cant add anything under the 4x2 widget slot on the main lockscreen page. I added the stock weather widget to my lockscreen. [​IMG]

Murf1 likes this.
  3. bg4m3r

bg4m3r Android Expert

The default clock on the lockscreen is actually a widget that can be removed. You can only have one widget per screen. I use the pattern lock on my phone, so I'm not sure how to manage lockscreens on a lockless phone, but if you swipe down on the lockscreen, it should switch you to widget mode. ?

Murf1 likes this.
  4. Murf1

Murf1 Android Enthusiast

Yes, swiping down I see now does it. thanks

5. chucksaysblah

not just down you can swipe from the side of the screen side to side as well!

6. bg4m3r

bg4m3r Android Expert

Not with swipe lock.

7. chucksaysblah

i have mine set to open by swiping. ihave nop knock code or password. I swipe slow from the edge of the screen from either side and it enters edit mode .

LG Volt Forum

The LG Volt release date was May 2014. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon 400 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

May 2014
Release Date
Reviews