1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Lock screen volume control

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by numberQ, Oct 6, 2014.

1. numberQ

numberQ Lurker

Just got my LG Volt, and overall I'm very pleased with it. However, one thing has been bugging me. On my old phone (LG Optimus) I was able to switch between vibrate mode and sound mode from the lock screen with a simple flick. Now, with the Volt, it seems I have to unlock the phone and then click my volume buttons all the way up or down, or else go into settings and switch my sound profile.

Is there an easier way to switch between vibrate and sound modes from the lock screen, or do I have to deal with the (minor) inconvenience?

EDIT: change from Support to General
    EDIT 2: realized I said the wrong phone - the Rumor Touch was my phone way back when. I meant LG Optimus

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. numberQ

numberQ Lurker

So... any idea?

3. RealFastOne

RealFastOne Well-Known Member

I remember this feature from my old Optimus V. I think my Optimus Elite may have had it, too. Just some brief messing around with my Volt leads me to believe it is not a feature of Kitkat.

Holding the up or down or both volume buttons activates the camera.

Others posters may have better thoughts on this, or know of a setting of which I am not aware.

4. np6s4x

np6s4x Well-Known Member

The quickest way I've figured out so far is to have "quiet mode" to the left on the top section of the notifications. So all I have to do is turn the screen on, swipe down on the notification bar and tap quiet mode. Not quite sure that's what you want, but for me it makes it go from sound to no sound with vibrate.

5. MCF3778

MCF3778 Member

yes that was an option in gingerbread, kitkat you either have to unlock and move all the sliders or choose quiet mode

6. bg4m3r

bg4m3r Android Expert

I'm sure there's an app somewhere...

7. ax3az

ax3az Lurker

I was trying to figure out how to do this on a Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini, and found that if you hold the power button down (to go to the shut down menu), the physical volume button is then enabled; you can also select ringer off/on/vibrate at the bottom of that dialogue box.

8. MCF3778

MCF3778 Member

yes it does... I cant understand why I have not seen this on that screen before since I have to reboot my phone way too often... holding a button sucks but it still is better than dragging 3 sliders

LG Volt Forum

The LG Volt release date was May 2014. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon 400 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

May 2014
Release Date
Reviews