• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Lock Screen Wallpaper

Naomikins

May 28, 2011
For some odd reason my Lock Screen wallpaper will not change. I've tried the usual setting options. I've tried going through the image in the gallery. Nothing will change it. When I do attempt to set the image, it'll change the home screen wallpaper.

Anyone else have this issue?

I know that's how it should work, but it's not. It'll say it set the wallpaper and bam, it's the home screen wallpaper changed -NOT- the lock screen. Very odd and was curious if anyone else had this issue, maybe even know a fix.

Considered the rooting option, but it has been a coons age.

Edit: The only way I have been able to seriously change the lock screen wallpaper is by using the Wallpaper Gallery ONLY. Not the personal gallery.

Upvote 0
Restarting the phone did not work either. :\ Not really wanting to go down the factory reset path. Would a root fix this issue?

Rooting itself won't fix anything, and if you are on the z4 update, you'll have to roll back to z3. It would give you access to more of the system to try to fix the problem, but I would try a factory reset first.

Reactions: Naomikins
Upvote 0
when i set my home screen wallpaper from my gallery, it gives the option to set it as a lock screen wallpaper, do you get this?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-10-19-12-50-10.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-10-19-12-50-10.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 84
Reactions: Naomikins
Upvote 0
Also, testing out the factory reset right now. If that doesn't work.. then I have no idea what is going on. :\ Seems so random.

SUCCEESSSSSS! Factory reset has fixed it entirely. I also get the option to change the other screen as well when setting one. So good show my friends! Now to get all of my contacts/wallpapers/apps back.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones