• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lock screen widgets

Hey guys!

I recently bought Xperia SP, and am thrilled with it!

i only have one complaints..for now ;)

lock screen widgets are making me crazy! I mean, in the center is the time, on the right is the camera and on the left i only have like 5-6 to choose from!

i installed a lot of things that have their own widgets but they just dont show up when i tap the + to add another widget!

can anyone help?

thanks!

You can only have (6?) widgets on that screen. If you're using Swipe as your "lock", swipe the clock to the left and you have a panel of shortcuts you can use. There are 16 of those.

You're right. I'd like to be able to put widgets, shortcuts, anything I can put on the homepage, on my lockscreen no matter which lock I use. A 911 direct call would save precious seconds. Or even just calling my wife with one swipe when I'm out buying something and want to ask her something.

Upvote 0
yes! 7 to be exact!
calendar, digital clock, email, gmail, google now, google+posts & track id..
no more, no less..and i have no option to add more to that list..

i tried every single lock available and after swiping the clock to the right (on my phone, camera link is fixated on the right) and reveal a + tab, after tapping on it it reveals the exact same options i listed above..

PS. just installed Whatsapp and guess what, it showed up as an option at the lock screen widgets..but nothing else..im beginning to think that i should install more music players (since i want to play music straight from the lock screen) and see which one appears there :)
im currently using Rocket Player, it has its own widgets, but noo..they dont appear ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones