• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lock screen with a puzzle piece?

Its a feature on the Samsung Captivate. Unfortunately, people have been trying to install lots of things from that phone with no success so I dont think it would be available. Here is where you can get a dump of all Samsung apps tho. They are working on making them available. Samsung Galaxy S apps on Desire - xda-developers

Thanks for the info, now that you say that it was the Captive/Vibrant reviews from Noah @ Phone Dog. Yea, I would also like some of those Samsung Widgets. The Buddies Now & the clock/weather widgets would be sweet, along with the lock screen :)

Upvote 0
Thanks for the info, now that you say that it was the Captive/Vibrant reviews from Noah @ Phone Dog. Yea, I would also like some of those Samsung Widgets. The Buddies Now & the clock/weather widgets would be sweet, along with the lock screen :)

Yea, the S phones have some great apps that a lot of people would want on their phones. Im not sure why they are having trouble porting them.

Upvote 0
Its a feature on the Samsung Captivate. Unfortunately, people have been trying to install lots of things from that phone with no success so I dont think it would be available. Here is where you can get a dump of all Samsung apps tho. They are working on making them available. Samsung Galaxy S apps on Desire - xda-developers

PBI: I have the Samsung Captivate (AT&T) and the puzzle piece is only for when you receive a text message or voicemail when the phone is locked. Unfortunately, it is not for unlocking the phone itself. The Samsung Fascinate (Verizon) comes with the puzzle piece lockscreen. (To unlock the Captivate, simply swipe your finger across the touch screen. I want the puzzle piece lockscreen like the Fascinate has!)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones