1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Lock Screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mobily, Sep 16, 2010.

1. mobily

mobily Active Member

Sep 5, 2010
    Morning all,

I have been reading through the manual for the Desire and it states that you can have a different lock screen wallpaper to the wallpaper when the screen has been unlocked.

However, I can't seem to manage this at all.

Does anyonw know if this is possible or if it is an error in the HTC manual?

The reason being I would like to have a nice bright lock screen image but a normal black background for when apps and widgets are all over it

Many thanks,
    JT

Advertisement

2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member

May 25, 2010
    UK Technical Lead; Desktop Support
    Riddlesden, West Yorkshire, UK
    You could on the hero. There was an option in settings next to wallpaper called lock screen image. I looked ony desire once and I didnt have it. Could try widget locker frommarket though

mobily likes this.
  3. MajorProbes

MajorProbes Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2010
    ISP Support Desk Manager
    UK
    There's nothing in the stock settings that allow you to do this on the desire to my knowledge, if it was it would be under:

Settings > Personalize > Home wallpaper
    Settings > Personalize > Lock screen wallpaper

Like the Hero.

There are some apps in the market that will let you achieve this on the desire:

Lockbot
    Widget Locker

mobily likes this.
  4. CarsnGadgets

CarsnGadgets Well-Known Member

May 17, 2010
    technical illustrator
    UK
    get widget locker, it allows you to have a different lockscreen wallpaper and also add widgets and shortcuts etc to it.

5. alan hanson

alan hanson Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2010
    reading through the manual........do people actually do this, lol cant remember the last time i did instead of jumpin straight into a game/phone etc....

6. mobily

mobily Active Member

Sep 5, 2010
    Looks like widget locker is the winner.. however why would you want widgets and apps on a lock screen when you can't use them, as the screen is locked??

7. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member

May 25, 2010

Widget locker is very configurable. You can set it up so you can use the widgets if you want.

8. CarsnGadgets

CarsnGadgets Well-Known Member

May 17, 2010
    technical illustrator
    UK
    also, some widgets only show info, so they dont need to be 'used' when its locked.

but I do have active controls for last.fm and mixzing on the lock screen as well as mini-info and a car dock shortcut.

9. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member

May 25, 2010
    I just have a custom clock so I have interactions turned off alltogether

10. Eris Ed

Eris Ed Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    I find it very useful to have access to widgets using Widget Locker. Currently I have Twicca and sliders for quick access to Camera and Camcorder for those emergency YouTube moments! ;)

I use Twitter a lot, so having one-click access to my account through Twicca is a real bonus.

11. EmperorKabir

EmperorKabir Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    a bit off topic, but i removed my lock screen entirely. press a button and you are on your home screen. (Just throwing that in here as an option). Just search for 'No Lock'.

12. OFI

OFI Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2010
    I don't know how you cope with this at all. Even with the normal sliders i'm constantly unlocking the phone in my pocket :(

13. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    Probably depends on what pocket you put it in - I doubt it's an issue in a jacket, but for me it would sometimes happen in trouser pockets.

I found that I had less trouble when I started using WidgetLocker with a stock android style slider rather than the HTC sense version - I guess some mixture of a smaller area to start the unlocking from and a different direction/larger travel needed to complete, but it seemed harder to do by accident.

Of course a flip case eliminates it completely ;)

14. lekky

lekky Lover

its an error in the htc manual (and on their website faq too actually), i thought they would fix it in froyo, but obviously not.

Tags: