1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Lock Screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jmoney1353, May 16, 2011.

1. jmoney1353

jmoney1353 Newbie

I'm on the latest gingerbread build 595, and i'm trying to set it up so I don't need to always slide to unlock my phone, I already use pattern unlock and I can't seem to to set it so thats the only imput i need. Any suggestions?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. cougar214

cougar214 Android Expert

As far as I know you cant disable that stupid lock slider. I'm actually looking to theme it. If I have to have it, it might as well look good.....lol

There are a few apps you can use to disable it like "widgetlocker" but it just replaces it with a different type of lock.

3. buckguin

buckguin Well-Known Member

You can download a program called "Anti Lock". It might need root access though. I use it now so that I only have the pattern lock and dont have to worry about the slide lock....very convenient.

4. z0mb13m4n

z0mb13m4n Android Enthusiast

5. Bugly

Bugly Android Expert

6. cougar214

cougar214 Android Expert

No lock works but I just tried it with the pattern lock and the pattern lock won't work when no lock is enabled.

7. z0mb13m4n

yeah I believe "no lock" completely disables any sort of locking, whether its the slider or pattern lock.

One I was using for a little while is "Simply Lockscreen". You can disable the slider lock, and use "the Force" to unlock your phone by swiping your hand over the screen without touching it, which is kinda cool. I never used pattern locks with it, so I can't comment on it.

8. cougar214

cougar214 Android Expert

Simply lock screen doesn't work on GB.

9. Bugly

Bugly Android Expert

Weird, it was working on mine, but only after a boot, then it needed the pattern AND stock lock. Some sort of failsafe, I suppose

10. cougar214

cougar214 Android Expert

Me thinks one of our devs needs to work on a mod that allows us to use the pattern lock without this annoying slide lock.

11. Bugly

Bugly Android Expert

That would be cool, but i haven't had much use for a lock screen. If someone really wants to look at the filth I have on my phone, it's their problem...

12. cougar214

cougar214 Android Expert

The title says it all guys. Which one of you guys that are really good with code can make a mod that will allow us to use the pattern lock without the slide lock?

13. sonofaresiii

sonofaresiii Android Enthusiast

oh jesus that's cool!

14. Bugly

Bugly Android Expert

just to reiterate

15. z0mb13m4n

hmmm... thats weird, I just reinstalled Simply Lockscreen, and it works great for me. Running GB .573 with ZombieStomped 1.2. "The Force" still works on it too.

16. cougar214

cougar214 Android Expert

Maybe its just the .595 release but it only kinda works on mine. It's really buggy.

17. z0mb13m4n

well I'm going to be updating to .595 ZombieStomped 1.7 later tonight, I'll see if it works for me or not and report back.

18. sonofaresiii

sonofaresiii Android Enthusiast

no problem using it on .595 for me, but i also just downloaded it to check out The Force and haven't played around with it much.

19. Droid_Junky

Droid_Junky Android Enthusiast

The latest Apex gets rid of the slide lock. By far my favorite feature.

20. cougar214

cougar214 Android Expert

that's good to know but I was shooting more in the direction of a mod. I like my gb the way it is now. flashing apex just for that one feature doesn't make sence.

21. PolishPauL

PolishPauL Member

I would love a mod for this too

22. z0mb13m4n

Simply Lockscreen doesn't play too well with my .595 GB, it works sometimes, sometimes theres a lag of a good 4-5 seconds, its just pretty inconsistent. I'm sure if/when the OTA is pushed, the bugs will be worked out, but until then I'm not going to use it.

23. bouchigo

bouchigo Android Expert

24. Bugly

Bugly Android Expert

Bouchigo, we're not worthy, but thank you...

25. Bugly

Bugly Android Expert

New sticky up top.

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews