1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Lock/Unlock button dropping calls

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ninetails, Apr 29, 2011.

1. ninetails

ninetails Lurker
    None

Apr 29, 2011
    I'm not sure what I did (or did not do) that ends phone calls when I press the Lock/Unlock button (on/off button also).

This happens when the screen goes idle from talking on the phone for few minutes. When I try to revive the screen by pressing the lock/unlock button, it ends the phone call instead of just reviving the screen! I don't get it and REALLY annoying.

My wife and I got the same phone at the same time and I'm the only one experiencing this abnormal behavior. Could my bluetooth headset device causing this? My wife had one already but I'm using the crappy one that comes free with Costco sign up.

Has anyone experienced something similar? I would appreciate any suggestions for me.

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement

2. justiyad

justiyad Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 14, 2010
    You might have set the power key to end calls. To check that go to Settings-->Accessibility, and unchek "The power key ends call".
    Also if you are using a Bluetooth headset and what to turn the screen on, use the home key not the power key.

3. ninetails

ninetails Lurker
    None

Apr 29, 2011
    When I go to Settings-->Accessibility, I get the following message:

"No accessibility applications found.

You do not have any accessibiility applications. You can download a screen reader from Android Market."

Sigh....

4. ninetails

ninetails Lurker
    None

Apr 29, 2011
    When I go to Settings-->Accessibility, I get the following message:

"No accessibility applications found.

You do not have any accessibiility applications. You can download a screen reader from Android Market."

No wonder I didn't see "Power Key to end calls" option which is hidden behind the "No accessibility applications found." message. When cancel out of this I see the option you mentioned.

Thanks a lot! I really appreciate it. I was looking under Settings-->Call Settings the whole time.