• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Lock without turning off screen?

So just got my droidx a few days ago... have been trolling these forums every spare minute.. even when at work and shouldnt be.

Now I have a question I havent been able to find an answer to via searching...

Is there a way to lock the phone without the backlight/screen turning off completely?? My old phone used to lock and leave backlight on then would turn off the screen 10 mins later... Would like something similar on droid x ...

I think of this as "meeting mode", where I want the lock screen to remain visible so I can set it on the table in front of me and keep an eye on the clock and notification bar. The trick is to click the power button on top as usual to lock it, and then very shortly thereafter click any other button. The time between clicks should be about the same as a double-click on your computer. I use the "back" button--the "home" button works, too, but I have to wait the seven or whatever seconds to see if I was quick enough.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones