1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support locked at android load screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jayford00, Dec 30, 2009.

1. jayford00

jayford00 Member

Nov 4, 2009
    NC
    excuse me if this has already been addressed but I didn't see it as I looked throught the forums. I've seen in a couple of different places pandahome being mentioned as the reason Moments have been locking up. As I ran into a little while ago myself. But thanks to a little bit of searching and the help of someone on here, I was able to reflash my moment. Luckily I have already used Astro to backup my apps and Sprite backup to backup everything else to my SD card. So if anyone has run into this problem there is a way to fix it without having to run to sprint (or where ever you got your phone) But since it is a "factory reset" I suggest you backup everything if it's not already too late. Random tech info provides links to the files needed as well as a step by step to set up the program.

Samsung Moment Random Tech Info

Advertisement

2. numus

Nov 23, 2009
    This is beyond old news.. We even have a recovery mode so you can do a hard reset from the phone itself...

3. jayford00

jayford00 Member

Nov 4, 2009
    NC
    well, this is the first time I have had a problem with it so I didn't know. I think I'll stick with the basic "theme" from here on in.

4. numus

Nov 23, 2009
    Open home is pretty much stable IMHO.. i have done more alterations on my phone then you can imagine and open home has never been the cause of a boot loop for me.. just fyi incase you wanted to try that one out

5. jayford00

jayford00 Member

Nov 4, 2009
    NC
    cool, i'll have to look into that. I like the customization aspect of it but it was EXTREMELY irritating being stuck in the loop!

6. njbianco

njbianco Android Enthusiast

Nov 5, 2009
    Male
    metro detroit
    Openhome 3.5 is what bricked my phone it happened when i updated to 3.5 from 3.4

7. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Android Expert

Nov 12, 2009
    geek
    USA
    Will have to look into Astro / Sprite for back up of info.

8. jayford00

jayford00 Member

Nov 4, 2009
    NC
    Both are great. Astro is free and allows you to manipulate directories on your SD card along with uninstalling and killing (if necessary) apps. and Sprite is (as of when I bought it) 99 cent. I think the site said it was a Xmas special and normally sells for $4.99. Either way highly recommended in case you have to reset your phone as I did yesterday.