1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Locked bootloader

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tonylc74, Sep 26, 2014.

1. tonylc74

tonylc74 Android Enthusiast

Hi all have a few things to throw out here. First I'll start out by saying the l70's a pretty decent device for the price. I'm rooted stock debloated with stock kernal running l70 mod. O.k. so it's said you must have an unlocked boot loader for cwm and flashing kernels and whatnot, and yes I know all the risks, bricks, boot loops etc. Well i've yet to unlock mine and have done everything your not supposed to do and have had not one problem. So my question is, is my boot loader really locked? It doesn't seem to be, and even if I did/do mess up my phone it's no issue giving the price, I'll get another or fix it. Any ideas why I've not had issues guys let me know what you think.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. DMedina559

DMedina559 Android Enthusiast

All an unlocked boot loader does is allow unauthorized firmware to be loaded, the reason you have no problems? You haven't messed any important system stuff up. I do recommend unlocking and flashing cwm so you have a backup tho, so if you do brick you don't have to buy a new one just restore the backup

3. tonylc74

tonylc74 Android Enthusiast

Hey and thanks, I have flashed cwm already with rashr, and have a backup, reason being I haven't unlocked my bootloader is well I have no pc. I have come close to messing it up a few times but always 're flash my backup;)
    Anyway thanks and I wish someone could make a script or app or anything us guy's with no pc could use to unlock the boot loader. Thanks.

4. AJfrmVegas

AJfrmVegas Member

Awesome!! Do you have links, guides, ect so I can do what you have done?? Ive been searching and searching, and can only find bits and pieces of info.

Im using the L70 D321 from cricket.

LG L70 Forum

The LG L70 release date was April 2014. Features and Specs include a 4.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon 200 processor, and 2100mAh battery.

April 2014
Release Date
Reviews