• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Locked HTC ONE S

Hi
I just bought a new HTC ONE S and unfortuantely I was cheated by the shop guy he sold me a locked HTC ONE S the sim is free no issues making calls and sending text messages.
But my data connection doesnt work, wifi is fine. But my data doesnt work. And I saw that when I restart my cell a yes optus (Australian Telecom Com.) logo shows. I think this is what is blocking my data connection.
Can anyone suggest what to do any reset or something.

Please help.

Thanks

Hi
I just bought a new HTC ONE S and unfortuantely I was cheated by the shop guy he sold me a locked HTC ONE S the sim is free no issues making calls and sending text messages.
But my data connection doesnt work, wifi is fine. But my data doesnt work. And I saw that when I restart my cell a yes optus (Australian Telecom Com.) logo shows. I think this is what is blocking my data connection.

Please help.

Thanks

Hello hotwaniraj, welcome to the forums.

I've relocated your question to the HTC 1S area for consideration by others with that device. :)

Upvote 0
So your phone is locked to a certain carrier, but you can use a different SIM to call/text but not use data? What carrier is it for and what SIM do you have in it?

If I am reading it correctly, it sounds like it may be SIM unlocked, but you just need the correct APN settings to use data (and probably for MMS). It's also possible that I am misunderstanding exactly what is going on, so feel free to try to make me understand better if I don't have it straight.

Upvote 0
Hi

Please help.

Thanks

Dude ... that there is not "network lock", if you had a lock you could not of used : calls+messages+data.
GO TO > your carrier website and see if you HAVE TO get some settings in order to have a data connection on THAT network !

And BTW, don't state that you were "cheated" bc the poor did not take you for a sucker ! Look into details before saying things... < as a future reference >

Upvote 0
Hi
Thank you all for your replies.
What happens is that in my phone I can make calls easily recieve and send messages calls. But when I want to use my 3G connection it doesnt work. Wi Fi at home and office works fine, but 3G seems to be blocked. I checked my settings and Data Network is on. Settings no issue but for some reason it wont connect to my 3G ( on the notification it doesnt show the 3G, H or H+ sign)

Upvote 0
Hi
Thank you all for your replies.
What happens is that in my phone I can make calls easily recieve and send messages calls. But when I want to use my 3G connection it doesnt work. Wi Fi at home and office works fine, but 3G seems to be blocked. I checked my settings and Data Network is on. Settings no issue but for some reason it wont connect to my 3G ( on the notification it doesnt show the 3G, H or H+ sign)

What SIM are you using? You will need to get the correct APN settings for that carrier and put them in your phone in order to use data/MMS.

Upvote 0
APNs are unique to each carrier. If the phone was active on a carrier other than your SIM card, the settings may need to be updated. As long as you have a SIM unlocked (Not rooted/bootloader unlocked) phone, you can insert any compatible SIM card. Bear in mind that it also must have compatible radios. This is why pentaband phones are so popular in other parts of the world.
Link

Make sure your active APN matches this information.
Account Name = MTN GPRS
IP Address = 10.199.212.2
Port = 9201 (for WAP) or 8080 (for HTML)
Username = web
Password = web
Access Point Name (APN) = web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net

Reactions: agentc13
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones