• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Locked out my phone!

A

Android Question

The pin im entering isn't working. I don't know what I could've possibly put in as a pin but I just changed it and the pin I swear I entered isn't working. I don't have a memory card in my phone so I really don't want to lose all my data. Please please please help me get back into my phone without doing a factory reset?

Hi

Did you try the old pin?

Normally the phone would have "Forgotten Password" showing at the bottom of the screen if you enter the pin wrong too many times. If you click this you can enter your google account info to unlock the screen IF you have data or wifi on. If you have androidlost (or similar app) installed you may be able to turn data on remotely by sms from another phone or PC. If you have set up timed wifi on in settings, you can wait for it to come on. If not there is a way using android ADB if you have USB debugging already enabled.

Other than that you are going to have to do a factory reset from Recovery Mode and will lose your data.

See this faq post

http://androidforums.com/faqs/685025-lost-phone-locked-out-faq.html

Are you sure you don't have any auto backup running - Dropbox, Google+, Copy etc.?

Roger

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones