• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Locked out of my Droid?

Source

Feb 18, 2010
I have been searching for a while, but still nothing has helped. Basically im locked out of my droid.

I was setting up my lock pattern for the first time and made it something simple. As soon as i made it, i locked my phone to try it out. This is when my phone proceeded to tell me it was the the wrong pattern. I was astonished, seeing as it was super easy and something I JUST MADE 15 seconds ago. Anyway, I kept doing it from different angles and different ways (maybe i was holding if differently idk), till it eventually locked me out.

Figuring i could just log in with my Gmail credentials i thought i was fine. Wrong, now it is telling me that the log in is invalid and all that junk.

Even better, after trying many many times to do the "call your phone, back out, add wifi and a new gmail account" trick, my phone refuses to connect to a wifi port.

Please tell me i dont have to take my phone to verizon tomorrow. Its less than a week old and i was really loving android over berries. ::grumbles::

any advice would rock.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones