1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Locked out of my phone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by axl_81, May 16, 2011.

1. axl_81

axl_81 Lurker

Ok. So I realize this will sound suspect but...

I just flashed my first rom successfully (Serendipity). After booting up the phone I set the lock password while fooling around with some of the settings. I then ran a restore of my apps and data with Titanium Backup. I then reboot the phone so all of the apps would show up. It booted up to the lock screen and the password I set would no longer work. I know I am entering the correct password because I used it successfully before the boot. Will I have to restore the phone? Will I lose all my apps/data?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42

Is it possible you backed up and restored some system settings too? Maybe you somehow reverted to a previous password?

If you fail the password check too many times I believe it will then ask for your gmail address and password to get in.

axl_81 likes this.
  3. ZephCr

ZephCr Lurker

I flashed my first rom successfully today, serendipity 6.4. Everything's great except my default browser doesn't work and I added email thru the kitchen but every time I open it it force closes. I even tried twice 2 flash it. Any suggestions?

4. axl_81

axl_81 Lurker

Confirmed that the issue arose from restoring some system data. Wiped the phone and ran Titanium backup without issue. Thanks to Xyro!

Samsung Captivate Forum

The Samsung Captivate release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews