1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Locked out of phone. Pls HELP

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nat28, Aug 1, 2011.

1. nat28

nat28 Lurker
    None

Jun 15, 2011
    Please help me. My 4yr old son has put a password on my phone and i cannot get into my phone. It is not a pattern password, it is a number password. I have tried to hard reset the phone but once i confirm a full reset of the phone it asks me for the password.. What can i do, please help..

Thank you in advance

Advertisement

2. Relaxed

Relaxed Newbie
    None

Aug 1, 2011
    I doubt if it is this simple, but have you tried the factory default 1234? Good luck (and hide it from the 4 yr old!)

nat28 likes this.
  3. carajp

carajp Member
    None

Jun 18, 2011
    Can you reset it via Samsung DIVE? That allows remote reset of the phone - provided you activated it, that is. *crosses fingers*

nat28 likes this.
  4. nat28

nat28 Lurker
    None

Jun 15, 2011
    Thank you for your advice, unfortunately 1234 does not work and I did not have remote checked on the phone before i got locked out, nor had i signed up to samsung dive.. I have of course now signed up to samsung dive but obviously cannot access the remote control as i had no ticked the box on the phone when it was active... So today I took it the authorised Samsung Phone Repairer here in Sydney and he is having to reinstall the hardware/software. He said it would take approx 1hr but i have gone back and it doesn't want to seem to work.. He is running other programs through and hopefully he will be able to regain access to the phone.. I will most def be keeping my phone very far away from my little boys.. The cost was $50 AUD but if he can't fix it by reinstalling new software i have no idea how much it will cost, fingers crossed there will be no extra cost.

5. heshanj

heshanj Android Expert
    None

damn, thats a pain.. on the (slightly) brightside, looks like the password is a pretty damn good way of securign ur phone! good luck with it, i hope u get it working for a not so hefty price