• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Locked Out of Phone (solution required a factory reset)

jdsingle

Android Expert
Jul 25, 2010
I've seen the other threads for other phones but I was wondering if anyone had this same problem with their 3V0.

I woke up this morning, turned on the display and entered my pattern to unlock my device, incorrect pattern. Uhhh, okay, did it again, incorrect pattern, and repeated that 3 more times to have my device lock up.

First of all I know that my password was not incorrect, to double check that I hadn't forgotten it, I asked my gf to unlock my phone for me (our phones use the same pattern), she was unable to get it to unlock. Now I am getting pissed, clicked on forgot password to type in my google account information. Filled out all the information and bam, incorrect info. Now I'm livid. Asked her to try logging in and she got the same problem. Hopped on my computer to make sure my password didn't change, I logged out of my gmail, and logged back in manual inputting all the information. Logged in fine. Ok...tried on the phone again and again with no luck.

Waited 15+ minutes as I scrambled to pop onto Androidforums (of course I log on right as they are backing up the database) and while waiting I tried getting into the phone, password was incorrect but FINALLY google let me sign in.

Any ideas? I had used the lock screen password at most 75 minutes prior to me getting the incorrect pattern issue. I installed a Business Card Lite and Paper Toss the previous day, not that that had anything to do with my problems. I have VERY few applications installed and none of which are not extremely popular like Soundhound, RingDroid, eBay, Dolphin HD, Lookout, Soundcloud, StudyDroid, Volume+, Dropbox, and then banking applications.

EDIT: Looks like it is doing it again, telling me the password is wrong after I reset it and even wrote this down to ensure (same password as previously used)

are you rooted? what ROM?

yeah battery pull and remove the pattern lock and then re enable it.

as far as those recent apps, you never know what they may do once installed... :)

Nope. Pure stock.

IDK what caused it. It was definitely frustrating. I was reading on the google support pages that other people had it happen and had to use @googlemail instead of gmail to login. I just reset the phone. Wasn't a big deal as I don't keep much on my internal memory. ;)

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones