1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Locked out Samsung Fascinate! Help!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Rayra3, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Rayra3

Rayra3 Lurker
    None

Jun 16, 2011
    My girlfriend left her phone in her kitchen and her sister took it and started to guess the password code.... She got it wrong time after time and eventually locked it down. My girlfriend is pissed beyond belief. It is asking for the email and password she used to register it. Problem is... She doesn't know what gmail accept she used. Cause she had to create one to register the phone... Is there any master code? She doesn't want to get the phone reset cause she has like 500 contacts... Please help asap!

Advertisement

2. Skang

Skang Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 9, 2010
    Bring it to the VZ store.

They will have record of email address she used. Or they might have their way to unlock it from the computer.

3. Phreeman

Phreeman Lurker
    None

Jun 4, 2011
    I had the same issue once, except I was locked out as a result of too many incorrect patterns being drawn. The phone would not accept the email address and password, even though they were correct.

Even though I couldn't get back into the phone the "normal" way(s), I was able to get to the menu and functions if I called my phone with someone else's. I'd answer the call, hit the home button, and then go into the settings. Unfortunately, the only was I was able to get functionality back was to do a complete factory reset on the phone through the settings menu. I tried getting back into the phone by formatting the phone and SD card via the options that are displayed if you hold the volume down rocker key while the phone is booting, but that did nothing more than erase the apps, contacts, etc.; I was still not able to get into the phone. So, if you can call the phone, press the home key, and get into the menu to do a full factory reset you should have a "fresh out of the box" phone that you're not locked out of.

I ended up calling Verizon over the deal, who admitted that there was no "proper" way to fix the issue. Best wishes to getting it functioning again, if you haven't already.

4. Phreeman

Phreeman Lurker
    None

Jun 4, 2011
    Forgot to mention that if you can get into the phone's settings menu to do a factory reset, be sure to back up the contacts first (it should let you do that). After the backup has been made, transfer the file from the SD card to a computer, your email account, Dropbox, or whatever for easy synchronizing after the phone is reset.