• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Locked phone (help)

LinP111

Lurker
Jun 18, 2018
My phone locked itself somehow. I don't know what happened because no one have touched it. It wants backup pin, which I know, and which it doesn't accept. Another option is to log in my Google account and it doesn't work either. I have 4 accounts on my phone, I can access to all of them with other devices. My passwords are old, so recently changed password isn't a problem. It keeps showing me that my username or password is incorrect. There is no way to connect to the internet because Wi-Fi was turned off before locking and because of that I can't use Find My Device. Is there any solution than to reset factory? I want to save some of my data.

Last edited:
I wrote that I can access to all my accounts.
Yes, I read that in your initial posting, what I was referring to goes back to when you first set up your phone and the process involved entering your Google account credentials. When you recently changed your passwords, you would have also been required to re-authenticate whatever Google services you use on your phone with that new password.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
It's in the list. Last activity was on 14 June.

Do you happen to know the model number of your phone? And, did you upgrade it to Marshmallow (6.01)? If you did, it probably has FRP which will require saved credentials to be verified. Theoretically you don't need to be connected to the internet for that to work, but the "backup pin" makes me think that there's some secondary security installed.

Upvote 0
Have you tried powering your phone off and then restarting? Your phone has a user-replaceable battery, you might even want to try shutting down, removing the battery for a few minutes, then put things back together again, and restart.

Doesn't work.

Do you happen to know the model number of your phone? And, did you upgrade it to Marshmallow (6.01)? If you did, it probably has FRP which will require saved credentials to be verified. Theoretically you don't need to be connected to the internet for that to work, but the "backup pin" makes me think that there's some secondary security installed.

It's H420. I didn't upgrade it.

Upvote 0
It's irrelevant because the option isn't accessible to you, but find my device probably wouldn't actually help anyway. I know it says it can remotely set a password, but it only actually works if there is no password set currently; if you do have a password set Find My Device does not change it. The description of that feature is pretty misleading.

Unfortunately I don't know of any alternatives to entering the backup PIN or the Google credentials, which it isn't recognising.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones