1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

locked screen during phone calls

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ChadWilliam1, Dec 10, 2013.

1. ChadWilliam1

ChadWilliam1 Well-Known Member

When I am making a phone call to a place such as a pharmacy its a pain to unlock the screen while on the phone to type in the prescription number. If I press if the power button to unlock it and start typing in the number it will lock while I am typing in the number. I have looked into the settings but I can not seem to find the settings to adjust this but its very annoying.

Thanks Chad.

2. acejavelin

acejavelin Android Expert

Sounds like a bad proximity sensor... your phone shouldn't need to be "unlocked" well on a call, ever, it should turn off the screen when it is close to you (less than about 4 inches) and turn the screen on automatically when you pull it away from your head. The proximity sensor looks kind of like a camera, just at the top of the V in Verizon, check to see if there is dust/dirt or your case is interfering with it.

If you have root, then you may be able to calibrate the sensor with https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.incredicontrol.ProxSensorCalibrator

It is actually quite common in the Rezound for this sensor to fail, some actually shipped that way and people don't even know it is defective.

HTC Rezound Forum

The HTC Rezound release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1620mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews