• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I updated my Charge today through Tweaktools and the terminal emulator. Things seemed to work at first, then I started noticing things that didn't. The lock screen was gone, that was the first clue. Second, none of the ringers actually worked when I got a call or text, etc. No vibration either. Airplane mode was gone... So I attempted to go back in through the Terminal again but it said that Tweaktools couldn't be found.

So... I went back in and tried to do a restore. Now all that happens when the phone "starts" is the opening Samsung screen. I left it plugged in for 30 min and it never changed from that screen. I pulled the battery, and tried it again, same thing.

Help?!

Thanks!

I updated my Charge today through Tweaktools and the terminal emulator. Things seemed to work at first, then I started noticing things that didn't. The lock screen was gone, that was the first clue. Second, none of the ringers actually worked when I got a call or text, etc. No vibration either. Airplane mode was gone... So I attempted to go back in through the Terminal again but it said that Tweaktools couldn't be found.

So... I went back in and tried to do a restore. Now all that happens when the phone "starts" is the opening Samsung screen. I left it plugged in for 30 min and it never changed from that screen. I pulled the battery, and tried it again, same thing.

Help?!

Thanks!

While I think I've already talked to you, just in case - can you flash the full 2.2 cwm zip? I don't know how but it sounds like things somehow deleted in the process of updating - something that should not have happened of course, but technology can be a fickle beast from time to time unfortunately.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones