• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Locking apps and widgets on home screens

ConnieH1947

Lurker
Dec 21, 2012
I have a Samsung Galaxy Note II (Verizon), unrooted, using stock launcher. Is there a way to "lock" apps and/or widgets on the home screen, so that I don't inadvertently remove them? Alternately, is there a way to save the home screen setups, so that I could restore them if I do accidentally remove an item? Thanks for any help.

I don't know if the stock Android launcher has this feature, but I use ADW Launcher which has the option of locking the icons. I like it phenomenally more over the default launcher. There's just a lot more options for customization like locking the icons, changing the # of col/rows for icons, app drawer behavior, gestures, themes, doc, etc.

There's a free and paid version. I finally bought it, but used the free for years. Honestly don't really know the difference.

Reactions: ConnieH1947
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones