• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Locking items on the screen

mcaanda

Dec 23, 2009
If I had a nickle each time I tried to open the notifications on the top of the screen, but ended up moving the clock, we'd all have a handful of nickles.

Is there any way to "lock the items" on the screen so that they will not move unless you really want them to?

TIA.

If the phone is doing something processor-intensive (like in the middle of installing an app from Market, or processing something in a web page you're loading in the background, or whatever), there is some lag between when you touch the screen, and when the phone will consider that input.

So your touch, though it was done at the top of the screen, and you dragged your finger down, wasn't registered right away. By the time the phone caught up to what you were doing, your finger was on the clock.

If I try to slide the notification bar and it doesn't go right away, I just wait a few seconds, then slowly try again!

Upvote 0
I was having a problem almost at the beginning. I found that using the softkeys (tapping: home, menu, notifications) was useful but go old quick. Hey, maybe it works better for you.

Next I started placing my thumb in the area above where the screen begins, right below the black part, and then dragging it down also worked. That worked a little better for me.

Upvote 0
I was having a problem almost at the beginning. I found that using the softkeys (tapping: home, menu, notifications) was useful but go old quick. Hey, maybe it works better for you.

Next I started placing my thumb in the area above where the screen begins, right below the black part, and then dragging it down also worked. That worked a little better for me.
I have precision with my finger lol so I don't have to do that. :p

Upvote 0
Wow, never thought this could be an issue for someone. For me, it takes a good 1-2 second longpress for me to be able to move anything on my home screens, plus it will vibrate once the widget or whatever it is has "dislodged" and can be moved. And like someone else said, I usually start above the notification bar, then drag down, so I'm never really near the clock.

Try starting at the Verizon logo and dragging down.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones