• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Locking My Droid X

Hi All,

First time Droid user here and first time ever posting... Is there a way to instantly lock my Droid X? I know I can press the top button and turn off the screen but the phone is not locked whereby I would have to enter my security code on the touch pad to unlock it. Sometimes I put my phone down and walk away and wouldn't want anyone to pick it up and look at it without knowing my security code. The only way I've found the security code to be mandatory is by waiting a period of time. I like that feature but sometimes need to invoke the security lock manually and on the spot. Thanks in advance for your guidance.

You can do 2 things..

Get an app widget.. To instant lock.

Or

Change settings so it looks instantly when you put into sleep mode
Home.. Menu... Settings... Security.. Lockscreen
Thanks, Dan! The best option for me is an application widget. With your guidance, I found Screen Lock Widget and Lock Screen Widget. Both work the same way and work well. I thought this functionality might be built-in but since it isn't, a free application will certainly suffice.

Upvote 0
Try setting a pattern lock instead. Not sure how it would work on your phone, but on mine it activated immediately after screen off even with using the button.
Thanks, ChanChan! The Pattern Lock is an interesting way to unlock the phone. However, on my Motorola Droid X, turning off the screen won't force it to lock. I would have to change the security setting to lock when the screen turns off. That would mean I would have to unlock it for myself rather frequently as opposed to now when it locks after 15 minutes. Still, I appreciate the suggestion. I may decide to switch my locking screens for a change of pace and in conjunction with Screen Lock Widget.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones