1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

lockscreen and Theme question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JynxRD, Jan 26, 2010.

1. JynxRD

JynxRD Member

Dec 15, 2009
    After rooting your phone can you change these things with the default ROM or must you be using a custom ROM to change the lock screen and or apply a new theme. I've used almost all the custom ROMS just checking them out and have determined that I really don't see enough of a benefit other than the "cool factor" so I'll await an official update. However I still enjoy chaning themes and lock screens.

Advertisement

2. vido.ardes

vido.ardes Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Software Developer
    Kent, UK
    Once you revert to an official HTC (or carrier) ROM, you will loose Root capability and will have to go through the process of re-rooting your phone.

3. JynxRD

JynxRD Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Hello Vido, that's really not what I asked at all :) I went back to stock last night after reloading the latest Sprint RUU. I then rooted the phone again this morning. So I have root access, I can boot to the recovery screen..ect. However I'm wondering if I toss a new lock screen .zip for example onto the SD card and load that .zip from the recovery menu, will I have a new lock screen for the default ROM.

4. mysticmead

mysticmead Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Kingston, GA
    Hero Mods, Themes, APK's, Fonts, Lockscreens, Taskbars - xda-developers has some info buried in those threads on changing just lock screens and stuff like that.. if you are rooted and have the lock screen or theme in a update.zip then yes, you "Should" be able to load it without a custom ROM.. or if you just had the .apk and .png files then you "should" be able to load them manually..

Tags: