1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Lockscreen completely blank

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hove131, Sep 15, 2011.

1. hove131

hove131 Well-Known Member

After a nandroid backup and playing with new rom i went to restore back to previous backup. It restored ...but my lockscreen is completely blank ... all i see is the wallpaper. Its like this on all my backups. I tried wiping everything again with no luck .......

Advertisement

2. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog

Does it do this with a new ROM?

Where are the namdroids backed up to the SD CARD? have you run a check disk on the sd card to make sure there were no issues with it? Have you another SD CARD you could take a nandroid backup from computer and try? Does any thing else give you problems like viewing pictures or music seems choppy these could all be signs of a failing SD CARD

Granite1 likes this.
  3. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer

What recovery are you using?
    I'd try to flash the corresponding ROM over your current nandroid. Just wipe dalvik and your cache partition, then flash the rom, see if that fixes it.
    Very strange all of your nandroids are like this. Might want to reflash your recovery in hboot, or switch to Amon-ra.

4. hove131

I will try reflashing a rom and see what happens. All backups are saved to SD card. None of them will restore. The card is only a few weeks old.

5. hove131

Im currently using Amon-RA.

6. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer

Good thinking, if the SD card is toast that might explain bad nandroids.

7. hove131

I did wipe SDEXT ... before flashing roms ... that shouldnt do anything right ?

8. hove131

I was told just last night to wipe SDEXT before flashing roms ... which i never did before. I hope this isnt this issue ... if so did i lose all my backups ? i had important stuff i needed on them. Ill be pissed. I was able to reflash a rom with no issues .... just need my stuff back!

9. dustwun77

dustwun77 Endeavor to Persevere :)

i don't have my card partitioned, and I haven't used any of the app moving techniques that use it, but it doesn't seem possible to me that wiping that ext would have anything to do with your nandroids. They should be on a totally different part of your card, if i understand the concept correctly.

I don't have the answer to your problem, prob someone who understands better will jump in to help with that, just want to say i don't think you lost your stuff.

By the way, have you ever backed up your whole sd card or your nandroids to your pc?

Just trying to ease your mind. Good luck!

10. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog

Don't know why you were told to wipe the SDEXT this is usually where programs like a2sd store your apps that you move to sd card. I'm not sure if cache and dalvic are moved over there or not. The main thing when you flash a Rom is to remove Dalvic and cashe I use "ZZZVR_SUPERWIPE" link can be found in Rooting for dummies Gingerbread I have never used anything else and have never had a problem with ROMs Flashing on my phone.

A Good practice before doing anything is to alway make sure you have a complete backup of the phone on your desktop. I even store the nandroids on there. Also I use a cloud as an extra backup in case something happens to my comp. I always back up my SD CARD and when I do a nandroid I copy it over to my computer as I copy the ROM over to my phone. You should always wipe cache, Dalvick cashe, before doing a nandroid.

One thing you might can do is run a program called "TestDisk" I'm not sure if this will work on a SD CARD or not but it is one of the Best programs for getting stuff back. You can get it here

Let this be a lesson always backup your card before doing anything. If you have linux installed you can even backup the ext2,3, or 4 partition on your card. Even if you dont have it installed you can back it up from a live environment.

11. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

it is a good idea that if your card is partitioned that you should wipe sd ext. some roms have a different a2sd built in like dark tremors and it will have force closures. and same goes for when you make a nandroid backup, you should always backup sd ext as well.

12. hove131

well i think wiping sd ext screwed my nandroids up ... never had an issue until now. I do save contents of my sd card to my pc but its been a while and i lost all my recent stuff on my backups.

13. hove131

I had to restore to a really old backup saved to my pc ... it worked fine. I restarted my phone and its doing it again .. blank screen that says safe mode at the bottom.

14. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

have you tried and re-flash the rom?

Tags: