• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lockscreen Notifications

Hey,

Is there any way to remove the "default widget" of the lockscreen? I like it, but it's incomplete, as it doesn't show notifications for Whatsapp messages or Gmail. It only works for SMS and missed calls.

I found a widget that is capable of showing notifications of every apps (NiLS Notifications Lock Screen), so I put it on the first page of the lockscreen. But, when I receive a SMS or missed call notification, the "default widget" automaticaly appears on the first page of the lockscreen.

Any solutions or workarounds?

Thanks.

And is there a way to include other notifications on that page?

I don't understand why Android (or Samsung) can't integrate all the notifications on a lockscreen, just the way it's already done on the notification bar.

This is Android, YOU can do whatever you like and have notification the way YOU want them. Just do some searching in Play Store.

Upvote 0
Thanks guys. The link has some very useful features.

I know that Android is fully customizable. I can do what I asked on this thread by using WidgetLocker Lockscreen with NiLS. That's why I choosed Android instead of Windows or iOS.

I just don't get why the default lockscreen doesn't do that already. Is that so hard to do? The same with the default laucher. Why can't it count the missing notifications for all aps? These are, for me, the only aspects where Android is behind iOS.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones