• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lockscreen pop up picture (solved)

tenletters

Lurker
Apr 28, 2023
So I have an odd random (same) image that appears for a brief second every twenty to fifty unlocks on my lockscreen. This image doesn't exist anywhere in my phone, contacts, picture gallery, videos etc., except every so often on my lockscreen...for a second as a full screen pop up, then it disappears and the phone unlocks as normal. One forum said it was the "always on display/clock" in the settings, this is not the fix. After months of trying to get a screenshot of this elusive image, was able to get one (attached). Any ideas on how to locate and fix where this is coming from? Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• Screenshot_One UI Home.jpg
    Screenshot_One UI Home.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 100
Is it possibly one of the included wallpapers on the device? Not sure which device you are on but on my phone if I long press the homescreen, I have an option to view pre installed wallpapers. Anyway, when I select a wallpaper, photo, solid color, etc. to set as wallpaper there is an option for homescreen, lock screen or both. Maybe you can do something similar and set your usual wallpaper as both or select something different for your lock screen?

Reactions: olbriar
Upvote 0
Even if you had one of the Clash games installed, I wouldn't think it should randomly show on your lock screen. Most strange. As for the why or how, I'm a dry source.
Yeah, it's not even an unchecked pop up app ad selling something. The phantom astronaught appears then dissappears. The device doesn't feel buggy or sick with a virus either.

Reactions: olbriar
Upvote 0
Is it possibly one of the included wallpapers on the device? Not sure which device you are on but on my phone if I long press the homescreen, I have an option to view pre installed wallpapers. Anyway, when I select a wallpaper, photo, solid color, etc. to set as wallpaper there is an option for homescreen, lock screen or both. Maybe you can do something similar and set your usual wallpaper as both or select something different for your lock screen?
I know what you're saying. I'm on a Samsung Note 20 Ultra. The pop up itself isn't a picture in the options I could even choose. The lockscreen is the "Dynamic Wallpapers" where it changes to a new picture every time I go to unlock the device. The homescreen is a static image (one from my gallery). I could trial and error a static image on the lockscreen moving forward?! Thanks for the response.

Upvote 0
I know what you're saying. I'm on a Samsung Note 20 Ultra. The pop up itself isn't a picture in the options I could even choose. The lockscreen is the "Dynamic Wallpapers" where it changes to a new picture every time I go to unlock the device. The homescreen is a static image (one from my gallery). I could trial and error a static image on the lockscreen moving forward?! Thanks for the response.
This worked, or solved the inquiry at least. I disabled "Dynamic lockscreen wallpapers" and this image is the default image if I don't select ANY other wallpaper. I think it was flashing briefly when all the images selected to show in dynamic mode had been seen and it was starting the set over again...which happens to be about 30 different pictures. Finally, solved. Truly appreciate you taking the time to chime in and locate the issue!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones