1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Lockscreen question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ashimashi, Sep 16, 2011.

1. ashimashi

ashimashi Newbie

Is it possible to customize the lockscreen with different images and widgets without rooting/hacking the phone?

Thanks!

Also I just have one unrelated question: How do I remove/change/add icons to the bottom? You know how in the bottom there are 4 icons. (phone, contacts, messaging, applications.) How do I change those and can I add more then 4?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jaliy

jaliy Android Expert

setting-display-lockscreen to change image

and no those 4 icons at bottom is not changable

3. ashimashi

ashimashi Newbie

Not just the pic.

Here are ex.

To have widgets and other things in it too:

4. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Extreme Android User

Its been a long time since I used touchwiz so not sure about changing icons but go launcher gives you 3 lots of 5 (Swype as changing homescreen) To edit just long press the icon, maybe touchwiz its the same.

5. KTP

KTP Android Enthusiast

you can do all of that with WidgetLocker from the market.
    for the lockscreen anyway, as also stated to change the icons, install another launcher.
    i use Go Launcher :)

2for-Slash likes this.
  6. NZtechfreak

NZtechfreak Android Expert

+1 for Widgetlocker, brilliant app.

7. DaveSyd

DaveSyd Android Enthusiast

YOu don't have to load another app to change the icons on the bottom. You can change 3 on the left, but you cannot change the Apps/Home button. To change the other 3 go to the app locker pages (not the home screen), hit menu, edit and you will see the shadow around each icon on the screen, just drag the icon of the app that you want to replace phone, contacts, or messaging with, onto that position on the bottom row. You can scroll through all the apps loaded while in Edit mode also.

You cannot squeeze more icons on to the home screen and bottom row with the standard TouchWiz, that's where you need to look to other launcher enhancements.

8. ashimashi

ashimashi Newbie

Is there a free one? Cause Widgetlocker is paid app.

9. KTP

KTP Android Enthusiast

i'm not sure, WidgetLocker is the only one i know that can do those things.
    its not a lot of money so worth the purchase.

i previously had a problem where i never had a credit card so if you have that problem also, you can get pre-paid ones which i've found is amazing for using to get apps that i previously couldnt get.
    and before i had the option of paying for apps, i used to find them but from experience, widgetlocker wont work unless you have bought it yourself.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews