1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Lockscreen Settings

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Rogersterling1234, Jun 8, 2020.

1. Rogersterling1234

Hi all,

I've migrated back to android from iPhone and I can't seem to configure the lock screen to the way my iPhone was. Badically, with my iPhone I could have face recognition and leave the phone unlocked for an hour before it requires a pin. I could use my face recognition to log into apps with no problem.

Is there a way to have the phone unlock via swipe and still be able to use face recognition to log into apps? It would be a bonus to have the pin require after a certain period of time too. I guess this would be the determining factor of whether or not I stay with android or return it. I find it to be a pain in the ass to unlock this phone because I'm tapping swiping inputting a pin etc .....

2. MrJavi

MrJavi Android Expert

3. Rogersterling1234

Thanks for the link Javi, it seems like the type of configuration I'm looking for is not available for android... sucks :(

MrJavi likes this.
  4. MrJavi

MrJavi Android Expert

It's unfortunate your S20 doesn't offer the lockscreen functions of your iphone. In other words, that sucks lol. :)

5. Rogersterling1234

I guess I just have to get used to tapping on the damn screen

MrJavi likes this.
  6. MrJavi

MrJavi Android Expert

You could also use fingerprint. If you do, I would advise registering and saving the same fingerprint several times. when it ask add additional fingerprints, I add 2 or 3 of the same finger. It will recognize my print on the forst attempt almost every time.

Samsung Galaxy S20 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S20 release date was March 6th, 2020. Features and Specs include a 6.2" inch screen, 64MP camera, 12GB RAM, Exynos 990 or Snapdragon 865 processor, and 4000mAh battery.

March 6th, 2020
Release Date
Reviews
Specs