• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Lockscreen unresponsive

After unlocking and adding a ROM onto my GNex I have run into issues with the lockscreen becoming unresponsive if I set the phone down too hard or drop it.

This causes to be unable to unlock the lock screen, and when I get a phone call, I'm unable to answer it.

A battery pull does not fix the problem.

If I go into recovery and reboot, that sometimes fixes the problem.

If I reinstall the ROM from SD card that will fix the issue.

But most recently, I've reinstalled my ROM and that fixed the issue for me for about an hour before the phone became unresponsive again.

Curious if this issue is common with other people's GNex phones? It seems to be a hardware problem not a software issue. If the phone worked all the time, I'd be happy as hell with it, but coming from a Motorola phone that could take a beating and keep on ticking I'm getting pretty frustrated. Wondering if its MY PHONE or a common problem.

E

i dont know if this is a ROM problem. I have my gnex rooted and unlocked and am running Nova Launcher and it is doing it to me as well. I havent done anything else but Nova Launcher, and it is really intermittent. I cannot repeat this issue myself, it just will happen randomly and not very often but often enough to annoy me

Upvote 0
I had the problem quite alot running the phone stock on 4.0.2

Then I rooted and flashed a 4.0.4 based rom - android revolution HD 3.0.0 - which just has a few tweaks and I might get the problem twice a week now.

It can be caused by the processor clock speed being to low when the phone is asleep.

I personally found when I was on 4.0.2 that auto brightness would cause it to become unresponsive far more frequently. But its fine with auto brightness on 4.0.4

Upvote 0
Its got to be a hardware issue. I wonder if the processor being clocked too low when asleep has any merit. It would make sense, especially because when resetting doesn't fix the problem, I've been too busy to fix it, left the phone alone for an hour, and come back to find it working fine.

Well, I'm less frustrated to know that I'm not the only one having this issue.

E

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones