• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lockscreen Wallpaper

Dolza

Lurker
Mar 3, 2010
Hello,

I just got my Hero 3 days ago, so I am very new and please forgive me if this is a stupid question.

I was using the app "Backgrounds" and came across a few that I enjoyed looking at. So I clicked the 'save' option and I got a pop-up telling me it was saved to a folder called 'backgrounds' on my SD card.

I have gone to albums and searched all my pictures and am unable to find any of the ones I have saved via "Backgrounds".

My question is how can I access that folder and use any of the pictures for my wallpaper or lockscreen wallpaper? I know how to use the 'set wallpaper' option in the app, but I would prefer not to have to search through app and find the pictures again when I want to change my wallpaper.

Ray

Dolza,

I had the same problem and did a search of this site for the answer. I was able to find this same question, and one of the replies said to download Astro File Manager from the Market (it's free). It will let you access everything on your sd card right from that app. I did it and it worked perfectly, there were all my backgrounds! I hope this helps.
;)

Upvote 0
Hey guys,

Thank you so much for the quick replies. However, I have still been partially unsuccessful.

I hooked up my Hero to my computer and copied the downloaded backgrounds to my "Wallpaper" folder. But, was unable to see them on my Hero when I Unmounted. I then noticed they were .png files and so I opened them all in paint and re-saved them as .jpeg to match the file type already present on the Hero. Still no luck in seeing them with the native viewer.

I then installed the Astro File Manager app and was able to use that to view all the downloaded backgrounds on my phone. And I was able to freely changer my wallpaper.

I am still unsuccessful in figuring out how to 1) view the new copied backgrounds natively in my albums program, and 2) use any of the new wallpapers as a lockscreen wallpaper.

Any further help is appreciated. Thank you again for the quick and helpful replies

Ray

Upvote 0
Ok, I thought I had this figured out! After reading a previous post, I downloaded Astro File Manager. I was able to find, view and set my backgrounds directly from the sd card to everything but the lock screen.

tatonka_Hero

Is there a way to move the backgrounds from the sd card to my album without connecting my phone to my computer? I lost the cord, however, I can plug just my sd card into my computer.

Thanks, Dena

Upvote 0
In Astro if you long press on a file, choose edit and then move, then go to the folder you want the file to be in and choose edit and paste. Any picture that is viewable under albums can be used as a lock screen by pressing menu from the home screen and then wallpaper and select lock screen. If the picture you want to use is in an album folder but is not showing up when you access albums then it probably has the same name as another file and you have to rename the file using Astro. I have that problem with my downloads folder because they automatically get named "download 1" ect.

Reactions: tdk98
Upvote 0
In Astro if you long press on a file, choose edit and then move, then go to the folder you want the file to be in and choose edit and paste. Any picture that is viewable under albums can be used as a lock screen by pressing menu from the home screen and then wallpaper and select lock screen. If the picture you want to use is in an album folder but is not showing up when you access albums then it probably has the same name as another file and you have to rename the file using Astro. I have that problem with my downloads folder because they automatically get named "download 1" ect.

Thank you, I will try it now!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones