1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Lockup, Reboot after Liberty 1.5 install, tweaking

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by quickaudi, Feb 18, 2011.

1. quickaudi

quickaudi Android Expert
    None

Jul 15, 2010
    TN
    So, this one will be a good one for the experts on here to determine what I did. Enjoy - I'll try to give as many details as possible.

In all of my restoring/flashing back and forth from Apex to Darkslide to Liberty to Apex to Liberty (yes, in that order), I lost the ability to send MMS. No big deal, just perform a factory reset through bootstrapper and restore my original copy of Liberty 1.5.

Once installed, I set up my calendar and clock widgets, then set up my 3 screens via LauncherPro. No problems. Got into Liberty Toolbox, input my overclock/undervolt settings, installed the blur apps that I like (camera, gallery), disabled the boot animation, and then I changed the battery icons. It asked me if I wanted to reboot and I said no. I changed something else (can't remember what), it asked me if I wanted to reboot, and I said no.

After a couple of other changes, I finally rebooted, and the fun began.

My background changed from a picture I had previously installed to the stock Liberty background. Ok, no big deal. Then, about a minute after coming up, the phone locked up hard. No response to touchscreen or any buttons. The phone rebooted and proceeded to do the same thing - it locked up in under a minute.

So, thinking maybe I needed to undo my OC/UV settings, I used my minute's time to uncheck the box. That didn't fix it.

I uninstalled DroidTV, which was force closing, and that didn't fix it.

I did notice that Droid X bootstrapper was receiving SU permissions every time I rebooted, which isn't something I've noticed before...

In the next few forced reboots, I was able to hastily open Spare Parts and Watchtower, but didn't see anything out of the ordinary.

So, I have no clue what was causing the forced reboot in under a minute. I did finally get Bootstrapper to reboot me into recovery and I flashed Liberty 1.5 again. Currently, no forced reboots, and the only things I've changed from above is that I have not disabled the boot animation, and I rebooted every time the Liberty Toolbox asked me to. Could that really be it?

Advertisement

2. colchiro

colchiro Android Expert
    None

Jun 4, 2010
    Male
    Web developer/IT
  3. quickaudi

quickaudi Android Expert
    None

Jul 15, 2010
    TN
    but...but...but, I prefer to post on THIS forum

:(

4. colchiro

colchiro Android Expert
    None

Jun 4, 2010
    Male
    Web developer/IT
    Then read/search that forum to see if others are having your issue. :D

My point is the developers of Liberty actually READ that forum and have told me they don't spend much time here.

5. quickaudi

quickaudi Android Expert
    None

Jul 15, 2010
    TN
    can you search it without being a member? not sure I have enough time to PW over there, too