1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Lockup/Shutdown error

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DarkPatu, Nov 3, 2011.

1. DarkPatu

DarkPatu Lurker
    None

May 12, 2011
    Very recently my phone has been locking up way more than usual. I recently received a network update and have been getting 3G service for the first time since I purchased the phone. I'm operating off of the Metro PCS service and have rooted my phone with the LG Opt.M one touch service. Does anyone know of a reason for these lockups or know of an error checking service that can diagnose the issue for correction?

For clarification, it locks up fairly randomly. I can be checking my email, surfing the web, texting or playing a game. I don't have any constant services running (unless I just started them) and I've been using the Android Optimization Toolbox and Advanced Task Killer to keep my ram and cpu usage down.

Advertisement

2. TweeksRevenge

TweeksRevenge Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 15, 2011
    The Grim Reaper cleaned up all the apples....now I
    Austell, Ga
    Stop using task killers to start off...lol.They consume additional power and can damage the phones filesystem by forcing apps to close prematurely (damage is usually done to the dalvik-cache). Having full ram means top performance for running apps. Once the RAM is full, the android os will kill apps based on usage or lack off. Since your rooted download Cache Cleaner NG from the android market. This will reclaim the lost memory that's actually slowing down your phone. I also recommend that you download Watchdog to replace the old task killer. This one will only notify you if an app has gone nuts or is poorly coded and needs to be killed. Android is pretty much the opposite of windows :)

NOTE: Be sure to clear the data before you uninstall an app to optimize remaining memory.

Tags: