1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Locus Pro problems

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by 1324, Aug 10, 2012.

1. 1324

1324 Lurker

I'm using a sumsung illusion (2.5.5). I don't understand why this Locus app is so sketchy. I've just bought it and haven't been able to use it at all. At first it only allowed me to view so far from my location, not even attempting to download the blank data displaying unknown problem. Now it's not working at all saying connection failed with no attempt to re-connect to gps. I'm trying to use only the gps. My gps is working giving me my coordinates etc. but not working with Locus. Is this app giving anyone else a problem?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja

Hi there 1324
    Welcome to android forums, i dont know much about this Locus app, as the google play store is blocked from my view at work :( however i also have paid for an app that no longer worked. I had to contact the developer and they gave me the solution to my issue. Have you tried to contact the developer? 9 times out of 10 they are more than happy to help with any issues their users are having, especially if they purchased the app.

3. 1324

1324 Lurker

I have never used Open Street Maps and every time I try to zoom in on the locus app it limits me giving me blank tile telling me I have overused it. Is this just me?

4. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja

1324, i believe it may be an error in the app itself, try going to the market, uninstall it, and reinstall it. if it gives you more errors, you need to go to your applications list in your menu and settings, and locate the applications list from within there, and force stop it, clear the data and cache.

it might run better.

5. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

Klauss, Welcome [​IMG] ,we are glad to have you, hope you enjoy the site.

Looks like you post twice in the Introduction section, so I will merge them together for you

6. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>}

Hello and welcome to Android Forums. ;)

7. electricpete

electricpete Android Expert

When you first open the application, it has only a few maps loaded in, probably doesn't have maps for your location.

You can load them in from the phone itself or from the pc. Since you mention you want to use it without data, I would recommend to load them in from a pc.

Vector Maps will be a great start... almost everything you need (*).
    Vector Maps 4 Locus

Vector maps allow a lot of zooming in to see fine detail. The Lotus engine doesn't do well when zoomed out to zoom 13 or lower, so you may want to add some tile based maps. You can get those also on your pc using MOBAC program and then transfer them to your phone.

Locus is a very powerful program, with lots of features geared toward other than simple driving (hiking, geocaching, topo maps etc). Unfortunately that also means it can be a little tricky to get started using it. I would recommend to visit the Locus website and look around.