• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root log in with facebook not working

Mtbsinger85

Jul 4, 2010
So I flashed the shooter 3.1 (sense 3.0) rom, and I lost a bunch of apps. I restored them because I had saved them with the my backup pro. I noticed though, that the facebook for htc sense was not there, and now when I try to log in with facebook on hanging with friends and words with friends it just gives me a blank screen. I'm hoping I won't have more problems trying to log into apps or sites using facebook. Does anyone have an idea on why this is not working?

A couple of things you can try.

Wipe Cache and Dalvic, Go back to your nandroid and save the apps you want like facebook for htc sense.

I would recommend ditching My Backup Pro and Go with Titanium Backup. Most people in here use it and swear by it.

Did you wipe really well before you flashed? I've seen a lot of issues do to a lack of proper wiping.

Upvote 0
On Sense 3.0 and up, I think Facebook for HTC Sense is removed isn't it? I know for certain it's not on the 3.5 roms that I've flashed. You have to utilize the facebook app from the market to download and sync that way. I'm not sure if that would even help because I'm not familiar with either of those games/apps.

Bad wipes/bad downloads do happen. Just the other day I installed Xplod AOSP and it is the worst rom I have ever put on my phone by far. Choppy, GPS didn't work at all, battery drain like you wouldn't believe, froze up....anyway, stuff like that happens. If nothing else, wipe it clean (make sure your recovery is Amon RA) and reflash a newly downloaded version of the rom. Check the MD5 key whenever possible.

Upvote 0
A couple of things you can try.

Wipe Cache and Dalvic, Go back to your nandroid and save the apps you want like facebook for htc sense.

I would recommend ditching My Backup Pro and Go with Titanium Backup. Most people in here use it and swear by it.

Did you wipe really well before you flashed? I've seen a lot of issues do to a lack of proper wiping.
Yeah I was kind of thinking along those lines too.

1) what recovery are you using?
2) what was your wiping process
3) did you verify the rom md5 to make sure the download was good?

Upvote 0
On Sense 3.0 and up, I think Facebook for HTC Sense is removed isn't it? I know for certain it's not on the 3.5 roms that I've flashed. You have to utilize the facebook app from the market to download and sync that way. I'm not sure if that would even help because I'm not familiar with either of those games/apps.

Bad wipes/bad downloads do happen. Just the other day I installed Xplod AOSP and it is the worst rom I have ever put on my phone by far. Choppy, GPS didn't work at all, battery drain like you wouldn't believe, froze up....anyway, stuff like that happens. If nothing else, wipe it clean (make sure your recovery is Amon RA) and reflash a newly downloaded version of the rom. Check the MD5 key whenever possible.

No FB for Sense is still in those roms, in the 3.5 roms, authorization of FB for sense will happen

Upvote 0
Yeah I was kind of thinking along those lines too.

1) what recovery are you using?
2) what was your wiping process
3) did you verify the rom md5 to make sure the download was good?

I'm using amon RA recovery
my wiping process was exactly like the one on the rooting for dummies page when flashing a new rom. I wiped davlik, cache, and data, and then I flashed superwipe before I flashed the rom.

For the rom MD5, I am not familiar with this, how do I check if a download is good when I download a new rom?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones