• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Logging with voice

optimistx

Lurker
Sep 28, 2018
Do you know an application, which would record the current time and and my very short voice input?
The phone would work hands free many hours in an otherwise silent environment.
It needs to listen all the time . Silence is not recorded.
Each log entry (=time + note) should be written in text format to one or more files.
The purpose of the logging is to provide reliable data for invoicing.

Do you know an application, which would record the current time and and my very short voice input?
The phone would work hands free many hours in an otherwise silent environment.
It needs to listen all the time . Silence is not recorded.
Each log entry (=time + note) should be written in text format to one or more files.
The purpose of the logging is to provide reliable data for invoicing.

No answers... Therefore I started to write a small qpython script to do the job. The project seems to become more and more interesting.
There is sl4a , part of which is described here:

http://www.mithril.com.au/android/doc/WifiFacade.html

Many features of those facades in sl4a have worked astonishingly well during these few days. But I cannot find out, how to programmatically change the access point to another wifi network. The change can be done by changing settings in my android phone, but how to do that using sl4a?
Thanks in advance!
(why that? I have 3 routers, with which I try to determine my location inside the house. If successful, the program can guess what I am doing. It could remind me and ask for confirmation with voice)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones